Everything that creates a truly life-fulfilling retirement environment is available at The Waterford of Summerlea. Located in west Edmonton on beautifully landscaped grounds, our community provides the amenities and services essential to your continued good health and independence. More than a delightful place to live, The Waterford of Summerlea presents the opportunity to enjoy a stimulating, carefree lifestyle in surroundings that foster personal growth and self expression.
Enjoy nature walks in our courtyards and on the pathways. The grounds are well kept to please the eye and for you to spend time outdoors with friends, family or in quiet contemplation. What is best is we look after all of the maintenance for you!
Suites available now so you can start living life to the fullest for independent living. We also provide a separate memory care unit for those resident with additional health care needs.
Suite 111 - "F" floorplan - 2 bedroom (Gorgeous view of the west courtyard)
Suite 146 - Bachelor suite (Beautiful South facing view of the East wing courtyard-this bachelor suite has Air conditioning)
Suite 131 - Bachelor Suite. (Close to Dining Room)
201 - "G" Floorplan. Overlooking courtyard)
209 - "D" Floorplan. South facing. Gorgeous view)
238 - Studio - (Available Oct 6th 2021)
341 - "B" Floorplan
Communicate With Us
Anyone over 65 years of age is eligible to take up residency in The Waterford of Summerlea in Edmonton, Alberta.
Each applicant is required to:
• Complete an "Application for Residency" form and have your family physician complete a "Health Assessment" form.
• Copies of assessments that might have been obtained through a formal geriatric assessment or Alberta Health Services Community Care Professional would be helpful in determining if The Waterford is suitable to provide your health care needs.
• Sign a standard month to month lease.
The Waterford"s Assisted Living Coordinator and the General Manager will determine suitability for residency in relation to the amount and nature of care required.
- 1 Bedroom
- 2 Bedroom
Bachelor suites include all three meals. One and 2 bedroom suites include the dinner meal with the option to add breakfast and lunch. Weekly housekeeping, activities, cable, Wi-Fi, utilities, shuttle bus services all included in your monthly rent. Laundry services available for personal laundry, but the machines are free to use and we supply the laundry soap.
•Beautifully renovated suites
•Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom suites come with full size fridge & stove
•Emergency pull cords in each room within the suite.
•Various floor plans to choose from
- Wheelchair Accessible Building
- Security System
- On-Site Laundry
• Window coverings
• Wall-to-wall carpeting/Laminate
• Large lighted closets and storage room within suites
• Individual controlled heating and air conditioning (excluding bachelor suites)
• Private balcony with selected apartments
• Smoke detectors and sprinkler system
• Convenient kitchens with ranges and frost-free refrigerators (except bachelor suites)
• Safety handrails in bathroom
- Meals Available
- Snacks and Beverages
- Personal Laundry
- 24 Hour Hospitality Staff
Nutritious evening meal, served daily in the Bristol Dining Room
•Customize meal plan to include 1-3 daily meals
• Private dining service in the Chelsea Dining Room to entertain friends and relatives
• Morning coffee, afternoon coffee, tea and snacks
• Non smoking environment
• Weekly bed linen laundry service
• Weekly housekeeping services
• Garbage pick-up - safety check in the morning if desired.
• Complimentary washers and dryers on each floor, for personal laundry
• Planned social activities, events and outings
• Shuttle bus services for you to run errands on scheduled days
• Exercise classes and guest lectures
• Fireside lounge and library
* Fully equipped crafts room, games room, billiards and shuffleboard
• Pastoral services
• Special interest groups for recreational, social and community activities
• Scheduled transportation to local shopping and planned events and group social outings
• Blood pressure monitoring
- Wheel Chair Accessible Suites
- Emergency Response System
• Complete exterior and interior maintenance
• 24 hour staffing
• Emergency Call System
• All utilities, except telephone
• Security alarms and surveillance
• Outdoor gardens, courtyards, gazebo and walking paths
• Central mail pickup and private mailboxes
• Cable Television and Wi-Fi
• In suite air conditioning and heat controls
• In suite emergency call system
• Uncovered parking stall with plug-in included
• Delicious Sunday brunch with two meal plans. Can switch evening dinner meal for the Sunday brunch if desired. (Same day only)
The following are available for a fee:
• Covered parking with plug-in
(Uncovered with plug-in free)
• Blood pressure clinics, foot care, hearing clinic
• Beauty/barber shop
• Personal care
• Prescription delivery
• Additional laundry & housekeeping services
• Guest suite for convenient accommodation for out of town guests
• Breakfast and lunch plan
9395 - 172 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5T 5S6