Everything that creates a truly life-fulfilling retirement environment is available at The Waterford of Summerlea. Located in west Edmonton on beautifully landscaped grounds, our community provides the amenities and services essential to your continued good health and independence. More than a delightful place to live, The Waterford of Summerlea presents the opportunity to enjoy a stimulating, carefree lifestyle in surroundings that foster personal growth and self-expression.
Enjoy nature walks in our courtyards and on the pathways. The grounds are well kept to please the eye and for you to spend time outdoors with friends, and family, or in quiet contemplation. What is best is we look after all of the maintenance for you!
Suites are available now so you can start living life to the fullest for independent living.
The Waterford of Summerlea currently has vacancies in our renovated One Bedroom Suites. We currently have three-floor plans to choose from, including suites with a balcony.
Communicate With Us
Anyone over 65 years of age is eligible to take up residency in The Waterford of Summerlea in Edmonton, Alberta.
Each applicant is required to:
• Complete an "Application for Residency" form and have your family physician complete a "Health Assessment" form.
• Copies of assessments that might have been obtained through a formal geriatric assessment or Alberta Health Services Community Care Professional would be helpful in determining if The Waterford is suitable to provide your health care needs.
• Sign a standard month to month lease.
The Waterford"s Assisted Living Coordinator and the General Manager will determine suitability for residency in relation to the amount and nature of care required.
- 1 Bedroom
- 2 Bedroom
One and 2 bedroom suites include the dinner meal with the option to add breakfast and lunch. Weekly housekeeping, activities, cable, Wi-Fi, utilities, and shuttle bus services are all included in your monthly rent. Laundry services are available for personal laundry, but the machines are free to use.
•Beautifully renovated suites
•1 & 2 bedroom suites come with full-size fridge & stove
•Emergency pull cords in each room within the suite.
•Various floor plans to choose from
- Wheelchair Accessible Building
- Security System
- On-Site Laundry
• Window coverings
• Wall-to-wall carpeting/Laminate
• Large lighted closets and storage room within suites
• Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
• Private balcony with selected apartments
• Smoke detectors and sprinkler system
• Convenient kitchens with ranges and frost-free refrigerators
• Safety handrails in the bathroom
- Meals Available
- Snacks and Beverages
- Personal Laundry
- 24 Hour Hospitality Staff
Nutritious evening meal, served daily in the Bristol Dining Room
•Customize meal plan to include 1-3 daily meals
• Private dining service in the Chelsea Dining Room to entertain friends and relatives
• Morning coffee, afternoon coffee, tea and snacks
• Non smoking environment
• Weekly bed linen laundry service
• Weekly housekeeping services
• Garbage pick-up - safety check in the morning if desired.
• Complimentary washers and dryers on each floor, for personal laundry
• Planned social activities, events and outings
• Shuttle bus services for you to run errands on scheduled days
• Exercise classes and guest lectures
• Fireside lounge and library
* Fully equipped crafts room, games room, billiards and shuffleboard
• Pastoral services
• Special interest groups for recreational, social and community activities
• Scheduled transportation to local shopping and planned events and group social outings
• Blood pressure monitoring
- Wheel Chair Accessible Suites
- Emergency Response System
• Complete exterior and interior maintenance
• 24-hour staffing
• Emergency Call System
• All utilities, except telephone
• Security alarms and surveillance
• Outdoor gardens, courtyards, gazebo, and walking paths
• Central mail pickup and private mailboxes
• Cable Television with 140 HD Channels and Wi-Fi
• In suite air conditioning and heat controls
• In suite emergency call system
• Uncovered parking stall with plug-in included
• Delicious Sunday brunch with two meal plans. Can switch the evening dinner meal for the Sunday brunch if desired. (Same day only)
The following are available for a fee:
• Covered parking with plug-in
(Uncovered with plug-in free)
• Blood pressure clinics, foot care, hearing clinic
• Beauty/barber shop
• Personal care
• Prescription delivery
• Additional laundry & housekeeping services
• Guest suite for convenient accommodation for out-of-town guests
• Breakfast and lunch plan
9395 - 172 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5T 5S6