Opened April 1, 2000, Silver Birch Lodge is a contemporary-styled 100-room lodge serving Strathcona County and area. The lodge offers several floor plans and pricing options within a home-like atmosphere. It is close to amenities with a major shopping center a short bus ride or drive from the lodge. The lodge provides a high quality of life in a caring and friendly manner to seniors 65 years or older who are active and functionally independent.
Silver Birch Lodge was the first facility to be constructed on a twelve-acre site that now hosts a seniors’ apartment complex, affordable living family housing, and shares space with the Robin Hood Association.
In early 2011 the lodge was renovated to expand its service and public areas, including an expanded dining room and kitchen, a private auditorium and chapel, and specialized games, exercise, and crafting areas. An additional expansion, Silver Birch Haven, was added in 2018. This added an additional 94 units of independent lodge accommodations to the site.
Studio-Style Units: (sizes range from 272-400 sq. ft)
1-Bedroom Style: (sizes range from 500-720 sq. ft)
'Couples' Suite: 0
Communicate With Us
• 65 years of age or older
• Canadian Citizen or landed immigrant
• Functionally independent OR • Functionally independent with the assistance of community-based services (e.g. home care)
1. Fill out the application form (please include income verification!)
2. Completed applications can be emailed, mailed, or dropped off at the office.
3. Staff will be in contact to schedule an interview. An independent living assessment completed by your physician may be requested after the interview at the manager's discretion.
- Outside Designated Area
- 1 Bedroom
The service package fee associated with RGI studio units includes meals, housekeeping, utilities, and access to recreation programs.
Additional services are as follows:
- Cable TV: $43.00 per month
- Laundry Services: (please inquire about fees)
- Above Ground Parking: $25.00 per month
- Emergency Pendant: $30 per month or $10 per month for studio suites
- Second Tenant Fee: $600.00 per month
- Suite Air Conditioning (resident owned): $50.00 per season
- Guest Meals at Silver Birch Lodge are available for purchase
Visit our website at www.heartlandhousing.ca to view our new virtual tours!
- Wheelchair Accessible Building
- Security System
- Scooter Parking/Garage
- On-Site Laundry
- Personal emergency response system is in place for each resident
- Deadbolt locks on suite doors
- Suite door viewers to identify guests
- Hard-wired smoke detectors (with Co2 monitoring)
- Meals Available
- Snacks and Beverages
- Personal Laundry
- 24 Hour Hospitality Staff
- Delicious, nutritious meals are prepared by a qualified chef and served in a central dining room.
- Complimentary beverages and snacks are available 24 hours a day.
- Our friendly and caring staff are on duty 24 hours a day on-site to ensure our residents" needs are met.
- A full-time Recreation Coordinator is on staff to plan and coordinate lifestyle-enriching activities.
- Our on-site chapel holds weekly services.
- Laundry facilities are available for personal use.
- If required, medication assistance and home health care services can be coordinated by residents through Alberta Health Services & CBI.
- Wheel Chair Accessible Suites
- Emergency Response System
Outdoor smoke shelters are available.
914 Bison Way, Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada T8H 2C4