Nestled in the lovely community of Shawnessy, this 81-suite community also offers specialized support programs for seniors with limited mobility and visual impairment.
30% of income
Housing with Full Services – 3 meals per day, housekeeping once a week, active aging programs daily, 24/7 staff on site.
81 suites (single and double; 15 barrier-free suites for the Mobility program)
Monthly fees (in addition to the rent)
$1,155/month (as of Oct. 2023). This includes all meals and snacks, weekly housekeeping, regular Active Aging programs, 24/7 non-medical staff on site and maintenance on-call. Optional service charges include phone, cable, internet and parking (only 15 spaces so it is subject to availability).
● Delicious, chef-inspired daily meals and snacks
● Weekly housekeeping
● Active Aging programs supporting physical, spiritual, cultural, social and mental wellbeing
● Weekly doctor visits onsite
● 24/7 non-medical staff on site
● 24/7 Maintenance on-call
● 15 barrier-free suites (for seniors in the Mobility Program; seniors considered are those who will benefit from the design features and/or currently require two or more hours of home care support per day)
● Full bath in resident rooms
● Hair salon services
● Laundry facilities
The Shawnessy neighbourhood is in SW Calgary and shares its name with us. It is Silvera’s most southwesterly location. It includes an array of commercial businesses such as grocery stores, banks, medical professionals and several major retailers. There is a bus stop within distance that connects to an LRT station. It is close to the South Health Campus, and a short drive to both Fish Creek Provincial Park and Spruce Meadows.
15 Mobility Suites only - Please contact Communityliving@silvera.ca for the specific requirements of these wheelchair accessible suites.
Communicate With Us
You must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident and have lived in Canada for at least 10 years. You must be at least 65 years of age. If you have a spouse/partner, he/she is at least 60 years of age.
Phone: (403) 567-5301
Fax: (403) 276-9152
15 suites are designated for Mobility Support Program for applicants meeting criteria.
- 1 Bedroom
- Wheelchair Accessible Building
- Security System
- On-Site Laundry
Full bath in resident suites.
- Meals Available
- Snacks and Beverages
- 24 Hour Hospitality Staff
- 24 Hour Health Care Staff
Weekly housekeeping, full Active Aging calendar, 24/7 maintenance on call.
- Wheel Chair Accessible Suites
- Emergency Response System
Coin-operated laundry. Cable TV and parking are extra; for internet access, contact your cable service provider. Shaw EXO WiFi in common areas. Lounges. Tuck shop with pharmacy services provided by Sandstone Pharmacies. Hairdresser.
30 Shannon Place SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2Y 2B3